Every Washington family has the right to send their children to a safe school. We all agree that safe schools do not poison children, teachers, and parents. That is exactly what Monsanto did when it contaminated the schools with some of the most poisonous chemicals on earth, PCBs.
Monsanto knew the PCBs would be put in school buildings, and the school district, the health department, and the State had every reason to know. None of them stepped up to protect the children, teachers, or parents. All of them were required to do so. We are suing to make sure the poisoning of our kids, teachers, and parents is never allowed to happen again.
Find more information on our in-depth page on the Sky Valley Education Center case.
Sky Valley in the Media
- Classroom toxins spark lawsuit against state, Monroe schools, Monsanto | King5
- Blisters, rashes, illness: Suit blames chemicals at school | HeraldNet
- Lawsuit blames medical problems at Monroe school on PCBs | KIRO7
- Families sue school, state, Monsanto over chemical pollution | KOMO
- Lawsuit: Monsanto to blame after students, teachers poisoned | SeattlePI
- VIDEO: 36 people sue Monroe SD, Monsanto | KIRO7
- Parents, former faculty suing Monroe School District over SVEC contaminants | The Monroe Monitor
- Families sue school, state, Monsanto over chemical pollution | Education Week